Sunday, February 26, 2012

An update

Thanksgiving: Hematoma (blood pool) is gone after 6 weeks of bedrest. Praise the Lord! Baby is also doing well on all counts - a real miracle.

Prayer requests: Lost my mucus plug a week ago. Two checks so far show cervix is still closed. Pray that it stays that way. It has been an adventure since BFP and every two weeks seem to bring something new. Not that I am complaining in anyway, just a very amusing thought.

Going forward: Been told that  we will take it a day at a time and the first priority is to get to 24 weeks viability. This is the basic minimum for baby to be accepted into NICU. After which aim for 28 weeks then 34 weeks. It has been a shocker for me so far - to have to basically "sit/lie & bake", esp when I am a person who needs to go places and do things. I had even bought maternity work clothes and outing clothes - in anticpation of how life will go as normal as with my first child. I had even planned to to head home to shop and get my detailed scans done in Singapore. Ah well. God has HIS plans. I am just so so SO thankful for every new day with baby and for being able to still be with my daughter and husband. Definitely not taking things for granted and travels anywhere is obviously out of the question.

Work wise: I have been given medical leave to 34 weeks due to high risk of pre-term labor. Wow. It hit me in the shower yesterday that I am considered High Risk. I have a LABEL. I am in a HUGE dilemma as I am feeling a LOT of guilt from being away from my team/work and it is useless telling me to examine which is obviously more important. My head knows which comes first but a part of me still feels very sad and torn to let my team down, especially after just hiring and training a new guy at work and having to basically let go totally.  It is hard to put my convoluted feelings in words but I am nonetheless thankful that I have friends who feel no shame in knocking me in the head now and then. I will have to approach work pretty soon to break the news and am praying that the conversation goes well. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment