Thursday, September 8, 2011

D&C and Hysteroscopy

It is Wednesday the 7th of September and I underwent a D & C and Hysteroscopy. Isn't it amazing how suddenly such words make it's way to become part of our everyday language?

The procedure, in normal lingo, means Mr Doctor will be:
1) Taking a scrapping of the uterine lining for culture
2) Inserting a video-like instrument to have a visual tour inside to see if there is anything interesting of note inside Kind of like visiting the Night Safari.

The objective of this exercise is to rule out anything that may be wrong with my uterine cavity and lining, since our embryos were deemed perfect in Fresh Two and Fresh Three from the lab perspective. I love how logical analysis comes into play and how much comfort I am drawing from it.

The procedure is done under sedation and lasts about 20 minutes or so, though I spent a good 6 hours in the hospital from check-in to discharge.

According to Mr Doctor, there was no infection in the womb as he had initially suspected from first reconnaissance. The pathology report, however, did show fragments of polyps and an uneven lining which he thinks may be getting in the way of implantation. It also seems like I gave been nurturing a polyp farm since one was previously removed last Jan (2010) .

Mr Doctor is hopeful that a new uterine lining will generate from the procedure and resolve the implantation issue. He has suggested that we try again within the next 4 to 5 months.

So onward and upward we go!!!

I have quite a lot to say about my experience at this hospital in Singapore but will save it for another post. Meanwhile, here is a peek at the obligatory post-operation meal: Cheese sandwich with Milo! Join me for afternoon munchies anyone?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment